Popia Basah recipe
There are two types of popia one is fried and one is wet (basah) which is this one. However each use different skin. The fillings depend on own taste and like.
So I welcome you to try out out this recipe because it may just become one of your favorite food.
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and let it rest.
- Oiled a flat pan or using a non stick pan, spoon out the mixture and spread it out thinly onto pan. When cook remove and set aside.
- Cook the mexican turnip with brown sugar until well.
- Then, sauté carrot and long beans with dried prawn and season with salt and pepper. Set aside and place in bowl.
- Cook the tofu and scrambled it, cook until dry. Place in bowl.
- Then, add the fillings into the skin.
- Fold the skin nicely.
Variations: You may add shredded chicken, blanched shrimp or prawn or others items you like to your fillings.